I wish I had found this much earlier. Though I raised my children in a Christian home, I do wish we had a family worship time at my house. My kids are all grown and have kids of their own who are grown ups too. There is only one of my children who still has her two girls at home. I’ll have her read this and my hope is that you too will find these seven reasons for family worship helpful. I found this while cleaning out my desk. It has no author’s name beneath it. I probably cut it out intending to use it somewhere, but here it is for you:
Seven Reasons For Family Worship
1. It will enrich the life of the family and make the home fit for the presence of Jesus, our unseen guest.
2. It will encourage tolerance and understanding, and put faith in the place of friction.
3. It will bring across the threshold an Infallible Guide for the youth of the home, to give their lives meaning and direction.
4. It will send us forth to the day’s work in utter cheerfulness, dedicating the day to the glory of God.
5. It will strengthen us against suffering, sorrow and frustration that nothing the world can do to us can hurt us.
6. It will reinforce the week so that Jesus is with us from the church service to the next church service.
7.It will bring the consciousness of family unity in God, a new dependence on his fatherhood. a wider sense of the brotherhood of man.
Because I am today using another’s thoughts, let me use this one by Kate Wiggens, an old time writer who was a favorite of mine. Mother’s Day is just behind us and this saying is bound to make a mother smile.
Only One Mother
Most of all the other beautiful things in life comes by two or three. by dozens and hundreds. Plenty of roses, stars, sunsets, rainbows, brothers and sisters, aunts and cousins, but only one mother in the whole wide world.