Yes, Christmas is here and with it is Isis, unemployment, our debt and whatever else that’s bad. Yet we know that Jesus was born and he grew up to die on a tree for our sins. So we have peace in our hearts this christmas time. It’s too bad that everyone doesn’t accept that fact. I hope and pray that you do.
Last Sunday our pastor read a paragraph comparing Jesus with Santa. I loved it and decided to bring it to you so I asked him for that paragraph, and here it is:
- Santa lives at the North Pole. Jesus lives everywhere..
- Santa rides in a sleigh. Jesus rides on the wind and walks on the water.
- Santa comes only once a year. Jesus is a very present help.
- Santa comes down your chimney. Jesus stands at the door of your heart and knocks.
- Santa fills your stockings with goodies. Jesus supplies all your needs
- You have to wait in line to see Santa. Jesus is as close as the mention of his name.
- Santa lets you sit on his lap. Jesus holds you in his hands.
- Santa has a belly like a bowl full of jelly. Jesus has a heart full of love.
- Santa’s little helpers makes new toys. Jesus makes new lives.
- Santa puts gifts under your tree. Jesus became our gift and died on a tree.
I hope you have a very merry Christmas and a great new year!